I don’t know about you, but I started to panic when I noticed my head was balding from old age. I tried out various hair loss treatments, and even tried rocking the side combover look to hide it, but nothing helped.
It was then that I realized the best option was to embrace my hair loss and go completely bald. I started looking into different hair clippers and heard a lot of hype about the Wahl Professional 785110 Balding Clipper .
This seemed like just the clipper I needed. I tested it out on both my head hair and full-grown beard, and was very happy with the results. It gave me a close to the skin, stubble look that I can now wear with confidence.
Things to consider when buying a hair clipper
A clipper is necessary if you’re looking to cut a large volume of hair at once. Clippers vary in speed, power, corded or cordless, and extra accessories, so it’s important to understand your needs when choosing the right clipper for you.
This can be a difficult task, so I’ve put together a list of key things you should consider when purchasing a hair clipper.
- Motor Type
The motor will determine how your clipper will perform. The three main types of motors are pivot, magnetic, and rotary. Magnetic motors are high power, high speed and last the longest of all three.
Pivot motors are in high power, low speed and are ideal for thick hair. Rotary motors have an equal power and speed, and work well with almost all hair types.
Extra accessories are usually included to save you the trip to the store to purchase needed items. Some clippers and trimmers provide more extra accessories than others, which add value to your purchase.
- Corded or Cordless
Corded clippers provide consistent power, but put limitations on how freely you can move around, while cordless clippers do not.
- Wet and Dry Capabilities
This depends mostly on whether or not you plan on using your clipper in the shower.
Consider your budget, but remember that when it comes to hairclippers, you almost always get what you pay for.
Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper #8110 – Great for Barbers and Stylists – Cuts Surgically Close for Full Head Balding – Twice the Speed of Pivot Motor Clippers – Accessories Included
$69.99 in stock
The word “balding” in its name reveals the main purpose of the Wahl Professional 785110 Balding Clipper . This powerful corded clipper claims to provide a surgically-close cut in one pass, leaving the slightest hair growth remaining for texture and hairline visibility.
When it comes to performance and value, this product is recognized as one of the top balding clippers on the market.The blade on this clipper is extremely sharp, so if you’re a beginner, you might want to find an alternative.
However, if you have experience using clippers and seek to achieve a textured bald look, bald fade, or stubble, the Wahl Professional 785110 Balding Clipper will meet your needs.
- 6.25” long, weighs 1 lb
- Zero overlap, surgical blade
- V5000 motor
- Includes barber comb, blade guard, pre-shave brush, oil, cleaning brush
- Operating instructions included
- Two setting guides 1/16” and 3/16.”
- 8 ft long chemical resistant cord
- Powerful, high speed motor
- Very sharp blade
- Wonderfully close shave
- Great value
- Extra accessories included
- Quick and efficient performance
- Ideal for stubble, bald fades and full-head shaves
- Great for thick hair
- Sharp blade can easily nick the skin
- Cord has tendency to tangle
- Not for beginners
Features and benefits
- Measuring 6.25” long and weighing 1 lb, the Wahl Professional 785110 Balding Clipper has a solid, heavy-duty feel. It has just enough weight for some added pressure, but doesn’t make my wrist go weary halfway through the cut like other clippers do. This clipper is easy to maneuver and I always feel completely in control when using it.
This clipper is easy to maneuver and I always feel completely in control when using it.
- In my opinion, the strongest feature of this clipper are the “zero overlap” surgical blade. It is made from stainless steel for durability and chrome for rust-resistance. This blade is extremely sharp and cuts my thick hair down to .4 mm in just one pass, allowing me to shave my head bald in as little as 5 minutes.
When you have somewhere to be, being on time and looking your best are both important, and this clipper lets you do both.
- The Wahl Balding Clipper has a very powerful, electromagnetic V5000 motor. It operates at 120 volts/60 hertz. The power from this motor makes it easy to achieve an efficient cut without having to put in much effort.
Also, the motor does not overheat, which is great because it doesn’t put a limit on the amount of time I can use it.
- Wahl conveniently includes extra accessories so that you have everything necessary to begin using the clipper. The two accessories I use the most are the cleaning brush and lubricating oil. I find the cleaning brush useful for removing any hairs in the clipper, which reduces the amount of build up over time.
As for the oil, I add one drop to the blade to prevent any cuts or nicks, and it works great. The oil is also necessary because it keeps all of the parts to the clipper running efficiently. Other accessories included with this clipper are a red blade guard for protection, two guides (#1 and #3), a barber comb and a pre-shave brush.
- This clipper is corded. It has an 8-foot long professional grade, chemical resistant cord. I used to only use cordless clippers because of the portability and was skeptical when I purchased this corded one.
However, I find it easy to move around while using this clipper and haven’t ever felt limited in range whatsoever. The consistent power that comes with this being a corded clipper is also nice.
- The operating instructions included with this clipper are very easy to follow. The instructions are written in both English and Spanish. I’ve used other clippers prior to this one, but I feel that the instructions are clear enough for even beginners to understand how to use the device.
For a close trim, almost equivalent to what a razor would do, this powerful clipper will get the job done.
It’s unique features, such as the V5000 electromagnetic motor and zero overlap surgical single-blade, have the ability to cut through even the thickest hair. If maintained properly, this clipper should last you many years.
When it comes to durability and high-performance, I haven’t found any clipper better than the Oster Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper. I began using this clipper as a beginner 20 years ago, and it continues to perform efficiently today.
The powerful motor and sharp blades give me a professional looking, close shave in minutes. Although it requires little maintenance, the detachable blades make cleaning a breeze. This clipper is suitable for anyone from newbies to professionals who are looking to invest in a long-lasting clipper.
The Andi’s T-Outliner Trimmer has been my go-to trimmer for as long as I can remember. This is a powerful hair trimmer that performs an exceptionally close shave. I use it regularly to trim my beard and create fades around my mustache, ears and neck area.
One thing I love most about this trimmer is the precision from its adjustable T-blade. The T-blade makes it easy to outline edges for a more professional look. This trimmer is in the mid-price range, but I feel the quality surpasses the price.If you’re looking for a reliable trimmer to outline, fade, or achieve a close cut, I recommend that you check out the Andi’s T-Outliner Trimmer.
The Philips Norelco DIY Clipper has been a great clipper for grooming myself at home. It’s unique rotating head allows me to easily reach difficult angles. Another thing I love about this clipper is that, on top of the many built in length settings to choose from, an attachment is included that can instantly convert it into a balding clipper.
I often travel for my job, so I love that this clipper is also cordless and compact. Unlike my old cordless clipper that had to be recharged after 10 minutes, this one lasts about an hour.
This isn’t the most powerful clipper, but it still cuts pretty close and is sensitive on the skin. All the features of this clipper give it a pretty hefty price tag, but I now save money by not making trips to the barber shop. If you want to begin cutting your hair efficiently from home, I highly suggest you give the Philips Norelco DIY Clipper a try.
If you find yourself trying to reverse your naturally balding head, or if your beard is looking a bit shaggy, it might be time to do something about it. The bald look isn’t for everyone, but for many men it is a great option and easy to maintain.
That being said, the right tools are necessary. For a professional skin-close shave or bald fade, The Wahl Professional 785110 Balding Clipper is great option and I highly recommend you check it out.