So your beard isn’t growing the way you want, its not that super thick Greek statue style beard your long for and your wondering if beard vitamins may help?
Well gents I hate to break this to you… beard vitamins will not grow new beard hair.
They will however improved the growth and health of the existing hair.
But wait! That’s not to say that you can’t stimulate new growth, just that beard vitamins are the wrong tool for the job.
So what can create new beard growth?
The answer is rather simple Minoxidil.
Minoxidil is a medication that dilates capillaries and other small blood vessels in the skin, this means it’s makes them larger, allowing for more blood to flow to the follicle.
The increase in blood flow brings those much needed nutrients and oxygen to the follicles, which results in improved thickness and health of the existing hair and can even create new growth to happen in dormant follicles.
Never heard of Minoxidil?
Actually you probably have, you just didn’t know it.
You’re probably more familiar with the name Rogaine which is a brand of minoxidil.
You can purchase this over the counter or via amazon and you shouldn’t need a prescription.
Rogaine has been proven to work in men for decades.
Now there is a drawback to using minoxidil, if you want that increased growth and thickness to remain then you must continue to use it.
If you stop using minoxidil, then the blood vessels will shrink back to their original size and those additional nutrients which the new hair growth was benefiting from will no longer be available and as a result that new growth will start to become unhealthy and will eventually fall out.
Now please note that the beard growth you had before using minoxidil will not fall out if you stop using the product.
The only hair that will disappear over time is the new growth because that new growth was promoted by the use of minoxidil.
So how does this relate to beard vitamins?
Well gents its simple, minoxidil is the best cure for non sprouting beard hair, but to improve your current growth – and any new growth from minoxidil – comes down to your diet.
An unhealthy diet means that the nutrients that the beard hair will need just won’t exist and spending money on products like minoxidil will be a waste as that additional bloody flow won’t contain all the nutrients the hairs need.
This is where the beard vitamins come in.
Beard vitamins are designed to help make your hair growth healthier.
Any existing beard hair that already grows will benefit greatly from the beard vitamins.
This means it will look thicker, richer and be more durable.
Any follicles that have a lack of blood flow will not likely benefit from the new beard growing nutrient rich blood flow.
This is why it makes sense to take beard vitamins alongside using a minoxidil product, the increased nutrients and the increased blood flow should result in improved beard growth.
So what exactly do beard vitamins contain?
- FEED YOUR BEARD: VitaBeard is the Original Facial Hair Growth Multivitamin! The world’s first beard growth supplement, VitaBeard helps give you the optimal beard growth environment to support healthy facial hair growth for men with beards.
- THE ONLY BEARD GROWTH PRODUCT THAT IS 3RD PARTY TESTED AND CERTIFIED VEGAN AND NON-GMO: What’s in your beard? VitaBeard ingredients are tested & verified by NSF International. In addition, the VitaBeard beard growth formulation is certified Vegan and Non-GMO. No other beard growth products carry these quality certifications.
- A MULTIVITAMIN FOR BEARDED MEN: With its powerful nutrition profile, VitaBeard facial hair vitamins can also be used as your daily multivitamin. Includes important nutrients for men, like Vitamin D and Zinc. Get the daily support you need, while growing the best beard of your life! VitaBeard can also help to minimize beard itch by regulating oil production on the skin underneath your beard.
There aren’t a huge amount of beard vitamin brands out there, though one of the most famous is Vitabeard.
Fortunately Vitabeard shares its ingredients on the bottle so we are easily able to discover what goes into this beard vitamin.
Now there is a cryptic ingredient called “Vitabeard Proprietary Blend”.
This is I guess to ensure people are prevented from stealing their recipe, which means we won’t know exactly what goes into the vitamin but we can at least go through the ingredients that are listed.
- Beta-carotene (vitamin A) – Thought to slow aging and reduce the risk of cancer, yet there is no evidence to back this up.
- Cholecalciferol from lichen (vitamin D3) – Has an array of health benefits, which range from preventing colon cancer to increasing bone health.
- Asorbic acid (vitamin c) – An “antioxidant”, an essential nutrient. It also helps prevent scurvy.
- d-Alpha Tocopherol from sunflower oil (vitamin e) – Another “antioxidant” which is thought to slow the effects of aging.
- Thiamine HCI (vitamin B1) – Thought to improve brain function.
- Riboflavin (vitamimin B2) – Helps keep skin healthy and prevent skin cracks (like cracked lips).
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) – Prevents a host of symptoms, including digestive trouble, fatigue, mental “fogginess”, thickened skin, and so on.
- Pyridoxine HCI (vitamin B6) – Prevents neurological disorders and keeps skin healthy.
- Methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) – Used to treat cyanide poisoning. A basic nutrient, it’s often marketed as a weight-loss supplement, though its success has never been proven.
- D-Biotin (vitamin B7) – Often used as a hair-health vitamin. This helps prevent hair loss and red, scaly, flaky patches of skin.
- Calcium D-Pantothenate (vitamin B5) – Thought to prevent fatigue, apathy, and muscle cramps.
- Thallus (iodine) – Helps prevent goiters and mental handicaps.
- Zinc amino acid chelate (zinc) – Helps prevent digestive issues and brain injuries.
- Copper amino acid chelate (copper) – Helps produce red blood cells and keep body tissues healthy.
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) – Helps prevent arthritis and keep skin healthy.
- L-Methionine – Thought to help reduce age-related diseases.
- Horsetail Extract (silica) – Helps prevent balding and keeps fingernails and hair healthy.
- L-Cysteine HCI – It is used to make hair keep its shape, and to make hair softer.
- Choline Bitartrate – Keeps kidney and liver healthy.
- Inositol – Helps breakdown fats and helps molecules communicate with each other.
- Para-Aminobenzoic Acid – Helps prevent irritable bowel syndrome and keep skin healthy.
There is a wide variety of ingredients and only a few have been proven to keep hair healthy, the ingredients seem to be more of an overall men’s health cocktail which an emphasis on skin health and hair health.
Which we think is very important, without being healthy ourselves how we can expect our beards to grow healthy.
Here Are Some Other Beard Vitamins Products